MaintenanceMay 31, 2011 by Oliver
- General maintenance
- Lubrication/bike care advice
- Gear adjustment and servicing
- Brake adjustment and servicing
- Anything else (within reason) that you suggest to us by prior email.
Armada Centre, 21 McMillan Street, Deptford SE8 3EZ (where Evelyn St meets Creek Rd) Map.
7:15pm to 9pm
10 for each session (£8 concession for those on benefits)
Proceeds of this class will be donated to Sustrans Sustrans
Next class will be June 2011
Wed June 15th: Tires and Punctures
Wed June 22nd: Brakes
Wed June 29th: Gears
Please make cheques payable to "Greenwich Cyclists", and send to:
Julian Dobson, 66 Eltham Rd, SE12 8UE.
Also, please email Julian.Dobson@gmail.com stating that you have sent cheque, and provide a telephone contact.
Things to bring
- Your nicely cleaned bike (especially the chain).
- any bike tools you own, especially allen keys
- a rag, and gloves to keep your hands clean
- any parts you want to fit e.g. brake cables or pads, racks, etc (warn me by email what you wish to replace/fit)
Links to Sheldon Brown's Site
(everything you need to know about adjusting bikes)
- Changing tires: http://sheldonbrown.com/flats.html
- adjusting brakes: http://sheldonbrown.com/canti-direct.html
- adjusting gears: http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html#rear
- LCC maintenance info: http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=565