1. Welcome & Introductions
Andy Braben (Chair), Stephen Craven, Ray Suomi, Derek Mark, John Clarke, Liz Delap and David Senior. Apologies from Julian Dobson, Anthony Austin and Chris le Breton.
2. October Minutes approved.
3. Matters Arising.
Bike stands: Derek had got information off the LCC website about different types of stand available.
It was suggested that in future it would be sufficient to invite Donald Anyiam to attend every three months, rather than every month.
January/February rides had been planned. Tours later in the year would include France/Spain at Easter, Newcastle-Carlisle in May and Scotland in September.
Bike week – 14-22 June.
Grants are likely to be available and we also have money in the training budget that can be used for relevant expenditure. A programme of events should be arranged by March to be publicised between then and June. John Hearns might be willing to co-ordinate our plans; Ray, Liz, Andy and Stephen said they would be willing to help in the planning and as many members as possible would be needed to help during the week. Action – Ray to discuss with John H.
Tour de France – 7/8 July.
Ray offered to be the co-ordinator for the feeder ride which needs careful planning, and report back to the March meeting. Liz would promote it among young people once details were known. The question of insurance needs looking at but the LCC policy might cover it. Ratio of adult leaders to young participants also needs investigating. Once arrived in Hyde Park for the Prologue it might not be possible for spectators to leave until after the event (several hours) which could put families off.
Details including the date are not yet known. Action – Liz to find out date and route. Maureen is the Council contact. We would only offer to arrange signing, as in previous years.
All the above items will stay on the agenda each month until after the events.
7. Pedal Power.
Andy can arrange printing (without colour) for £8 for 500 copies. It was agreed unanimously to incur this expenditure this month and get the printing done for distribution on 10 January (Action – Andy). Julian meanwhile is investigating grants for colour printing and looking for an editor to replace Lydian (Action – Julian).
Distribution to libraries and community centres was discussed. It was agreed to try a one-off postal distribution this month. Liz and Derek agreed to do it, and would use their discretion which venues on Lydian's list to target. Action – Liz & Derek.
Back issues of Pedal Power need adding to the website. Action – Andy.
8. Any Other Business
Ray had noticed a CPO notice on derelict land west of the O2 for "housing and recreational development". Members did not recall Donald having mentioned this development and wondered whether it is related to the Olympics. It was suggested that Anthony contact Donald to find out whether it impacts on the Thames Path and what provision will be made for cyclists if so. Action &ndsah; Anthony.
Liz showed the London Cycle Awards certificate she had gained for training at John Ball school. She has a training manual, also leaflets, certificates (three grades), stickers and tabards for trainees. The tabards cost £7 (or 10 with overprinting). It was agreed that Liz should arrange for Rushton Aust to do the overprinting. Action – Liz.