Note of monthly meeting held at 7.30pm on Wednesday 7 March 2001 at Greenwich Forum
Man Birdi, Liz Delap, Barbara Henley, Barry Mason, Linda Pearce, Pete Pope, Isobel Stoddart (Sustrans), Jim Watkins, Nick Williams
1. BM welcomed Man Birdi and Linda Pierce to their first meeting.
2. Arrangements for Greenwich Cyclists 6 events during the International Womens Festival were now in place. BM had had about 80 phone calls about these and an average of 8 bookings for each event to date. LD, BP and BH were helping the paid organisers but more voluntary help was still needed. The £400 grant cheque had arrived.
3. Our Greenwich Pride application has been successful: £1000 for the first of a series of local route maplets. BM asked for someone to take on and manage this project. Local artist Peter Kent has already been commissioned to do the route map for the 29 April Mayors Charity Ride and is interested in the maplets too.
4. BM handed out the 6 March draft of the rides list. NW had added other charity etc rides and LD, BH, EB and IS had added rides too. It was important that the list be seen as something to be added to.
5. Isobel Stoddart, for Sustrans said that
* Mast Pond Wharf (just west of Woolwich Ferry) would have a temporary path through it for the Mayors ride
* On 20 March there will be a Greenwich Time Trail launched at the observatory. Details later
* Thames Water were keen to work with Greenwich Cyclists on the Crossness launch and would be in touch
* New Opportunity Fund money had been found for a bike route on the west side of Deptford Creek from Deptford DLR station to Creek Road, through, for example, the Laban site. A footbridge would go over the Creek and there would be a link through to Greenwich station
* Work on the Flood Barrier estate route progresses. Improvements to the existing route starts soon and a riverside route is planned to be finished in 2 years time
* Greenwich Council seem close to agreeing the cycling route on Cutty Sark Gardens
6. BM asked for ideas for the 12 April GC birthday do. Nothing was decided. (Post-meeting check: Heathers are indeed closing down. Last day is Sunday 25 March)
7. Membership list: BM will get the rest of this to LD this weekend.
8. Next meeting: Wednesday 4 April. 7.30pm.
9 March 2001