1. Welcome & Introductions
Liz Delap (acting Chair), Anthony Austin, Andy Braben, Bob Coates, Stephen Craven, Sarah Ellis, Eric Gauster, Teri Griffiths, Derek Mark, Barry Mason and David Senior.
Apologies from Stuart Parkins
2. Minutes of Last Meeting.
One correction: the larger banner size should have read 2000x600mm not 3000x1000mm. Approved (proposed Andy, seconded Sarah)
3. Matters Arising
Old Royal Naval College: Liz agreed to remind Chris to draft a letter to Duncan Wilson of the Greenwich Foundation.
Sustrans rangers: the survey ride had been held but Julian had not yet fixed a date for a working party.
Lovell's Wharf: Bob reported missing signage on the diversionary route, believed to be the developer's responsibility. Action: Liz to contact Donald Anyiam.
4. Planning Issues
a) Westminster Estate
Liz had written to London Borough of Greenwich (LBG) but the response from Alex Grant (planning department) was brief and unhelpful and referred the matter to Cllr Peter Brookes. Action: Barry / Stephen to reply to Alex Grant and involve Len Duvall, recently re-elected London Assembly member.
b) Hexagon Estate
Anthony had lodged an objection on behalf of GC. David suggested letting the Ramblers Association take the lead as it was primarily an issue of pedestrian access.
c) Greenwich Park
A temporary restriction on cycling through the bottom gates of The Avenue had been swiftly removed when challenged. No further progress was reported on the 20mph limit. Teri, Anthony and Chris had joined the Friends of Greenwich Park and would attend the forthcoming AGM and try to get the matter raised there.
5. Treasurer's Report
Derek had drafted the annual accounts which would be presented to the AGM in June.
There was a discussion on a proposal by LCC to "consolidate" local group accounts with the central account. Derek interpreted this as meaning all local groups funds would be transferred to a single bank account; others disagreed. In any event it would be highly unlikely that this could be achieved without the consent of LCC members at an AGM. Action: Barry to get a definitive response from LCC.
It was not known whether Chris had contacted Charlie Lloyd at LCC about a second bid for the survey work.
7. Meridian School
Liz and Anthony were still discussing which model of bike would be best to buy for the Meridian school. Isla bikes seemed the best specification but might be a poor investment given the rough treatment that they may experience in school use.
The group reviewed design suggestions for the banners. It was agreed to go for a co-ordinated set of two vertical and one horizontal ones to form a portal, with the website address and images of bikes on a green background. Action: Andy / Derek to produce a final design.
Derek said the same firm as produced the banners could produce business cards. It was decided by a majority vote that these should be non-laminated card, with a list of our activities and contact details.
The date of the Mayor's Ride was believed to be Sunday 22 June, at the end of Bike Week with a GC ride to Brighton planned the same day. Action: Stephen to confirm the date via Donald. GC may not be able to provide the level of volunteer support as previous years.
A joint Bike Week programme had been drafted with Lewisham group. It was agreed to produce a glossy brochure as last year, but A5 size. Actions: Stuart to design it; Andy to discuss printing quality with the printer; Derek to get a price.
9. Pedal Power
The next distribution date was agreed as Monday 2 June, deadline for submission 23 May. Agreed copy from: Liz- Easter rides report; Anthony- Friends of Greenwich Park; Stephen- AGM and Freewheel. All these to go on one side of A4 with the Bike Week programme on the back.
10. Any Other Business
Bob asked whom he should contact about bad surfacing on Tower Bridge. Answer: The Corporation of London.
Liz announced that due to her extended cycle tour she would not be offering individual training until the autumn.
The AGM would be on 4th June. Actions: Stephen to call for committee nominations; Anthony to ask LCC if they could supply an independent Chair for the meeting. Barry offered to chair it otherwise. It was agreed to arrange a buffet at the Dog & Bell afterwards, as in previous years.