Cyclists? Theyre just
smug, lycra-clad, reckless, tree-hugging weirdos!
5 reasons why YOU should get on your bike!
- OK so were smug! But, surveys repeatedly show that cycling is the fastest way around London. So, a smirks an occupational hazard when you travel so fast and so conveniently while others stew in traffic jams or cram into overcrowded trains.
- While some love lycra, you dont need a load of expensive gear to get on your bike. No petrol, no fares - cycling is simply the cheapest way to get around the capital.
- Were reckless as hell even riding on Londons busy roads, we risk getting healthier and living longer, according to those dangerous radicals at the British Medical Association.
- The closest we come to tree-hugging is when were padlocking our bikes to convenient saplings. But theres no harm in admitting cycling is environment-friendly.
- Best of all, cycling is great fun. We enjoy the freedom of the roads, the cool breeze in your face, the sudden endorphin rush, the quiet hum of tyre on tarmac . Hold it, this is getting a bit weird!
To help you get on two wheels, Greenwich Cyclists can help with:
- advice on buying or borrowing a bike;
- training in how to ride safely and for maximum enjoyment;
- information about quiet routes and fun excursions;
- bike maintenance courses;
- regular rides and events around and about London; and
- much more!
Its free, its fun and its friendly, so check out www.greenwichcyclists.org.uk or write to us at The Forum, 177 Trafalgar Road, Greenwich SE10 9EQ.